Ten Facts About Pit Bulls Every One Should Know
1. Pit Bulls are commonly used as therapy dogs. Whether
they are visiting a senior care facility or helping someone recover from an
emotional accident, Pit Bulls are making a mark as outstanding therapy dogs.
2. Pit Bulls are used in Search and Rescue work. One
example of well known SAR Pit Bulls is Kris Crawford and her dogs. Kris
and her dogs have helped save the lives of many people during their
3. Pit Bulls serve as narcotic and bomb sniffing dogs.
One Pit Bull, Popsicle (named that because he was found in an old freezer)
has the largest recorded single drug find in Texas history.
Read more about Popsicle here. Including how he found over 3,000 lbs of cocaine in Hildago, Texas.
4. Pit Bulls are great with kids. They weren't referred
to as the "nanny's dog" for nothing that's for sure.
5. Pit Bulls are not human aggressive.
The American Pit Bull Terrier as a breed is not human aggressive. In fact,
quite the opposite is true of the breed. They are gentle and loving dogs.
Like any dog individuals can be unsound and have behavior problems.
6. The Pit Bull was so popular in the early 1900's
they were our mascot not only in World War One, but World War Two as well.
They were featured on recruiting and propoganda posters during this time period.
7. Sgt. Stubby. A Pit Bull war hero. Stubby was
wounded in action twice, he saved his entire platoon by warning them
of a poison gas attack and he single handedly captured a German spy.
8. Pete the Pup on the orginal Little Rascals was a Pit Bull.
9. Pit Bulls score an 83.4% passing rate with the
American Temperament Test Society. That's better than the popular Border
Collie (a breed who scores 79.6%).
View the ATTS stats here.
10. They are dogs not killing machines.
Back to Pit Bull Lovers main page
Copyright © 2005-2010. All rights reserved.